View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you collect with?

Posted By: Sean

Okay so here it is...4 months in the making and my first post is ready. Maybe kind of lame but....be kind.

Who do you collect with?

Growing up I would collect cards with my younger brother and 2 friends from school, and every summer we would get a big "show" together in one of our garages and place an ad in the paper for a baseball card show (usually during the British Open, not sure why?). We would have great turnouts and we would sometimes find others who would want to buy a table at next years show and that was my group. They have since than all stopped collecting cards, but I'm trying to get my brother back in to it.

Today it's a bit different; I pretty much have my room in the basement with my box of cards and my computer. I guess my wife is kind of involved, usually asking "who is (insert name here) from PayPal for $129?" This summer I'm planning on going out to local shows and meet some hobby buddies again...I consider everyone here my hobby friends, but there is nothing like showing your fellow collector the great card you picked up yesterday.

Well that's it, I know many of you here probably have sons and daughters, husbands or wives and friends you collect with in person and just wanted to hear some stories.

Sean BH