View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 09:29 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I absolutely believe your first sentence ..me too but not in this case I have seen to many folks burned and learned this lessen. You are exactly why cards like this get produced. You see this card and the first impression is that it is old. You overlook the fact that they did not, as you say "artistically reproduce the card" they produced something similar. Possibly on older card stock but could be aged ( that is one of the things You cannt tell without card in hand). So you start from the premise that it is real. Careful inspection shows that there are alot of inconsistencies but not enough to tip the scale of your "First Impression". People buy cards on Ebay where the seller says "I think this is a reprint so I am selling it as one". Thoughts like even if it's not a gold coin at least it's old, even if it's not a Gold Coin maybe even rarer than a Gold coin. Money /greed combined with the ego boost of look at me I found something. Powerful stuff. But hot like a coal and you get easily burned.
You can collect whatever you like your money. But the OP came here asking if it was a non cataloged Gold Coin. And the answer to that is NO.
I used the Shit vs Shinola example before it is a very old saying. Both are brown and if you rub them into your shoes the become darker brown. But one dont smell so good.