View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoPoto View Post
In the pre-war realm, I am primarily a Washington "Team" Collector*. In my team collection, with very few exceptions, I collect only cards reflecting Washington players, while they were playing for Washington. The primary exception is that I also collect Clark Griffith, regardless of team.

This exception intrudes on my T205 collection, which includes Griffith as manager of the Cincinnati Reds. So, my Washington* EGGS line up would be Elberfeld (5) -- 1 point; Gray - Stats (-0-) -- 5 points; Gray - NoStats (5) -- 2 points; Griffith* (7) -- 2 points; Groom (3) -- 1 point; Walter Johnson (6) -- 6 points; McBride (6) -- 1 point; Milan (4) -- 1 point; Schaefer (4) -- 1 point; and Street (4) -- 1 point.

That makes my* EGGS score 16, I think. The numbers in parenthesis are the number of different backs I have of each card. (Gray Stats has been elusive.)
That gives me a Washington* EGGS* score of 86, which feels better, unauthorized though it may be. And a requisite card to avoid breaking any more rules.
I come up with 21 official EGGS points, with 19 of 19 for the Washington team subset. I will show both on the list. Pretty impressive lineup of backs, by the way.

Brian