View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Patrick,
The printing process of T205s was much more involved than the T206s.

There is a far less sample size for T205s. I would estimate the print run of all T205s at less than 1/4 of that of the T206s. They just are not as readily available as t206s so research is difficult. With that being said, I have spent the last 15 years researching front/back combinations. I have have thousands of pieces of data and a have several theories as to the print runs for T205.

First off, T205 went through at least 5 different print runs and as many as 9. by looking at the advertising backs and the cards that they come with, you can tell that several of the SPs were substituted for the minor league cards or each other. Also, the printings seem to have substituted whole sheets for the different advertising backs. By comparing back advertising, some pictures do appear. Unfortunately, these patterns are extremely tough to figure out because new front/back are still being found. In fact, for several years I had thought Carrigan should come with Polar Bear advertising but I had never seen one. Then two hit ebay within a month. New Drum backs were just found within the last year as well. They seem to follow the patterns that I have seen. But as Ted can tell you, everything is just theory until a complete set of sheets is found (which I doubt will ever happen).

What I can tell you is that Austin seems to come with the most advertisers missing only Hindu. I am fairly certain that he will never be found with a Hindu because all Hindu backed cards are not available with American Beauty, Broadleaf, Cycle, Drum or Hassan backs (which Austin does come with). This is true with all the Hindu backs I have ever seen and seems to be the pattern.

Other patterns exist in the set with regards to the different factory printings and different color printings of the advertisements (i.e. player fronts with Hassan Fact. 30 backs are never found with Sweet Caporal Black backs).

I hope this helps and explains a bit more.

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Thanks so much for this! Very informative post!!!

Cheers,
Blair