View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 11:03 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
PS - the only reason I consigned the Cy Young to him was to prove to you that I could get more on Ebay than what your lowball offer was. So, YOU were the only reason I sent it to him.

Its Christys, not Cy Young...I have no idea what Cy Young you are talking about..

.i do remember you netting less than you were asking for them on net54 (and to me )when all said and done actually..so you were highballing the cards .....if you want to talk facts..

It looks like I was wrong as far as not making an offer on one of the cards , I did offer 400 + paypal fees on the Christy Mathewson portrait but I said to send it to PWCC and I would offer more because of ebay bucks and incentives I didn't get with a direct deal..i don't think that's a 'lowball offer when I am within 10% of the net price to the seller after fees on a card going for 500 or less....if it is then I guess you call it highballing if the seller wants 10% more direct than what the seller nets at auction...or on the other card he had for sale in which he wanted 20% more than what he got on the card in net after the auction.

Part of the disagreement in price was that bobby said that SGC grades command a premium over PSA in prewar !

"I usually like PSA prices. For T206's though, SGC is king. They usually command higher prices"

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-10-2015 at 01:21 PM.