View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 07:34 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
...why so much for a ten-dollar card ?....Is it because of E-Bay and Paypal ? Can we help you here on the BST section of 54 at more reasonable costs. many of us '52 fans would be glad to help a fellow collector....is your wantlist of '52's visible anywhere ?

Thanks, Mike.

Currently the CDN dollar is below .74c but the exchange rate is even less than than that ($1.3475) so a $8.49 dollar card plus $15.00 U.S. shipping totalling $23.49 turns into $32.66 CDN pretty quickly!

Knowing and accepting that shipping was $15.00 dollars, I was really hoping to win more cards the other night to help offset that, but it just didn't happen. When I won the one card and was in the process of paying, I seen what I was about to pay and said to myself, this is getting out of hand!

At the time, I was unaware the CDN dollar had slipped even further the last couple days, (my fault, of course) so I was pretty shocked when I seen the total.

I appreciate your offer very much, but I really think, (unless you or others are willing to accept CDN dollars ) that I wait until things improve up here before I purchase anymore cards.

Like I mentioned, I will still be looking/watching for deals but those are far and few between considering 99% of deals/purchases and shipping are in U.S. dollars, sadly.

Thanks again, I appreciate it!

Last edited by irv; 11-11-2016 at 07:36 PM.