View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 09:17 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I grew up in Montana and all my friends played hockey. One had their birthday party on the ice rink. I hated it. That's when I decided that baseball was pretty much the best sport ever to play, and hockey was good to watch.

I took my boy to open skate last weekend to practice, and there were a a few young couples on the ice. I thought if nothing else I'm giving him an opportunity to take a girl on a cool date that other boys might be unable to copy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yep, and it's just like riding a bicycle. Once you learn you never forget.
My son, wanting to catch up skill and skating wise to his friends, never missed an opportunity for stick and puck, hockey camps and whatever else he could do to achieve that.
Luckily he was a natural, imo, as he was a quick learner and became a great hockey player making the select teams and making Rep A hockey his first tryout.
The social aspect like making new friends, learning team play and sportsmanship was unmeasurable, imo. Watching my son grow in all of these areas alone was well worth the cost as well.
What they learn, the spoils of victory and the agony of defeat, is carried over into adulthood too, which again, imo, is also immeasurable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Walker with A Champs Cup.jpg (33.1 KB, 155 views)