View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 12:51 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
In defense of dealers, these guys spend a lot of time and effort schlepping their stuff around. Travel, hotels, etc. For many of these folks this is their livelihood. While I'm not justifying someone asking $3000 for a card that sold last week on ebay for $1000, I do understand they are trying to maximize their profits and not necessarily make what your or I might consider a fair deal. Hell, Burger King doesn't sell their burgers for 15 cents, but that's probably what they cost to make.
dealers can sell what they want...i mean when was it mentioned at the Nationals the last 10 years or so how cheap the prices are. Customers and Dealers keep going so obviously it works for now.

Also as said before past prices are just past prices. If prices never change then the card will be the same price forever

I have been offered VCP before and but sent the card to auction and gotten 3x more on a T206 Young for example. Some dealers like to have 'show' cards just for people to see so they make look at other cards to buy.

I never understood what the problem was with sellers listing a card for whatever they wanted. Yeah it sucks to see that same dealer lower the price perhaps to the next person days later but its all in the timing.

if you really want a card and dont want to hope for the timing to be right to not lose out at an auction by 1 bid.....just deal with it ...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-01-2019 at 12:52 PM.