View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 12:09 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
Usually I would agree with this, but aren’t the Star cards rife with issues? I’ve never collected them, but if I remember correctly there were all types of concerns with not only fakes but cards that were made over various years for one set (e.g. the 84 MJ XRC could’ve been printed in 84 or 93). I could have this completely wrong but I thought that was the main concern with them and why 86-87 Fleer was so much more popular. Also, imo there are way too many subsets to keep up with, there must be 20+ different Jordan cards made over that 2 or 3 year period… just seems to water the cards down, albeit the 84 MJ will always be chased.
Complete hobby myth and easily avoided. Yes some Shop at Home sales sold misdated new issues. The reprint myth you cite is easily disproved and there are libraries of good info to explain this. Other than third party counterfeit cards, there is zero proof the original designs were reprinted by Star. I deem this nonsense that heavy investors in 86 Jordan’s put out to protect their 3rd year cards.

I can’t stand Geoff Wilson, but this interview has a good expert on the subject - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7CpI1qiRvo&t=1774s

Simply put, reproduction of the Star cards without a vast difference as a completely new issue was made up and the major graders looked like a joke buying in. They are just now correcting that inept mistake.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 12-02-2023 at 12:29 PM.