View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 05:47 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
Enjoyed that one very much. Even more serious is another Gleason film, Calvary. He's just a terrific actor.

The Verdict with Paul Newman is back on Max. I believe it's his best role. His courtroom summation is one of the best pieces of acting prowess you'll ever see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, will forever be one of my favorite Paul Newman performances. To be honest though, it's hard to find a bad performance by the man.

The Hustler and its sequel, The Color of Money, are two other great ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Yup, saw Calvary awhile back. Gleason is fantastic as usual.

Speaking of Paul Newman. Saw Cool Hand Luke recently. Hadn’t seen it in decades. Great performance in that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan View Post
The Verdict is an awesome movie. In my top 10 for sure. Newman, Jack Warden, James Mason are all superb. Even the Irish judge is good.
Last night was the first time in a month that my wife and I could watch a movie (last movie we saw was on July 4th, in theaters). Before that might have been another month. Anyway...she came to me and asked to watch Butch Cassidy. Remembering this thread I recommended The Verdict. We started the film and she said, "I didn't want to watch old men, I wanted young attractive men." LOL

Anyway, it was a great movie. My wife was very tense, feeling very bad for the whole situation. We finished the movie at midnight. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo