View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Mike, Ever since you posted this piece I have been searching for one for my own collection. At every turn I encountered a dead end. Last month my local card shop asked me to examine some Clemente items they were selling on consignment . I was stunned to see this one among those items. The card and autograph were obtained by the owner when he was a child. He said he got it when his dad took him to a promotional event at a local Pittsburgh department store. He obviously took great care of as its in pristine condition. I was certain that it was an authentic autograph. Nonetheless, for my own peace of mind I decided to make an offer contingent that it pass TPA. It just passed JSA. I sold some non-Pirate items that were not terribly important and closed the deal. To say that I'm thrilled is an understatement. I'm sharing it here because those in my immediate social circle are less than impressed and in disbelief that I actually spent "THAT KND OF MONEY" on a "LITTLE PICTURE" I'm surrounded by Philistines. Happy Holidays to all of my more enlightened friends here on Net54.
Mike,

AWESOME pickup!!! Sorry, just getting around to seeing it. There’s not a more deserving collection for it to reside than yours.

I can’t remember the last time I picked up any RC items. It seems as of late I have been buying more cars than cards…

Great acquisition Mike!!!