View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 11:27 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

1. It's a live album, but Alice in Chains "Unplugged" is just unbelievable. Layne Staley appeared (sounded?) so together.

2. Pink Floyd "Animals" and the line, "Ha ha, charade you are" from Pigs (Three different Ones) borrowed by an 8 year old kid on 'South Park' just makes me laugh hysterically.

3. John Hiatt "Stolen Moments" is some pretty sweet storytelling top to bottom.

4. R.E.M. "Automatic for the People" with "Nightswimming" and "Find The River" as the last two songs, it makes you long for some more melodic, moody tunes as the album ends. Beautiful stuff.

5. Speaking of Talking Heads, give "True Stories" a try. Some truly great music for a soundtrack.

6. Tom Petty "She's The One." Another soundtrack, it is a really cool and often pensive album.

7. Derek & The Dominos "Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs." A sick group of talented musicians at their very finest.

8. Dire Straits "Making Movies." So little time, so many hooks.

9. Absolutely Boston's first album, but give "Third Stage" a go. That sucker really grows on you. "Can'tcha Say - Still In Love" is a tremendous tune with Brad Delp wearing his heart on his sleeve.

10. U2 "The Unforgettable Fire." I describe it as the low speed bump on the way to "The Joshua Tree." The two albums have a shared magnificence, and they're the musical version of identical twins. Amid a plethora of kicking tunes, and as absolutely bizarre as it sounds, I freakin' adore the very strange "Elvis Presley & America" with its supposed backwards music from another one of their songs. Bono's emotions are crystal clear, even though you have no idea what the heck he's actually talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 01-21-2021 at 11:28 PM.