View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 11:26 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks14sr View Post
Prices have been correcting on many I’m watching and I don’t see that slowing down.
I think you're right on that, esp. postwar mainstream cards in all sports that had big, fast run-ups. Last October and then this January-February seems to have been the high water marks on a lot of cards that had huge runs early in 2020.

Personally, I think it will end up with most vintage cards down from their peaks but well above their starting points, and it will take most of 2021 to shake out.

The real proof that the bubble has popped will be when I actually start winning auctions, because I haven't adjusted my bidding structure on commonplace stuff. In all these auctions recently I've won one (1) item for my personal collection, and it was a one-off PC that I chased after because I have an affinity for Cubs on Catalina Island stuff which very few other people share, I guess. Actually, it is pretty f****ng cool: Hack Wilson and Charlie Grimm at spring training on Catalina Island:

Wrigley used to bring them to SoCal to train since he owned about half the friggin' island. Here is an image of the Cubs doing their best Seven Dwarves imitation on the waterfront in Avalon:

Gabby Hartnett:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-16-2021 at 11:37 AM.