View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 04:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That's a wonderful collection, Scott. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L. View Post
After finishing a 520 set a few years ago I undertook a project to swap out all of my Piedmont/Sweet Caporal/Polar Bear backs for something in "Sovereign or better." A couple of months ago I was able to acquire the last card I needed, a green Cobb portrait with a Sovereign 150 back to finish up. Over the last few weeks I purchased a scanner (Canoscan 9000F Mark II) and set out to scan in all of my T206's.

Nothing high grade. Certainly a set with its share of creases, rounded corners etc. Only one card with a serious amount of paper loss that I'd love to replace, Demmitt NY. (if anyone has one or knows JFKAutographs on eBay please let me know!)

The only card I'm missing is Monte Cross which I'll most likely never have. I'd also like to thank all the board members who sold or traded cards with me. I'll always be appreciative of that.

Below is a link to my off back set album on Flickr should anyone want to take a look through it. It's 583 cards (I have multiple backs of some cards) and breaks down as follows:

American Beauty 350 w/Frame 30
American Beauty 350 No Frame 2
American Beauty 460 2
Broad Leaf 1
Carolina Brights 1
Cycle 350 24
Cycle 460 5
EPDG 55
Hindu 7
Lenox 1
Old Mill 99
Sovereign 150 83
Sovereign 350 213
Sovereign 460 28
Polar Bear 2 (Demmitt & O'Hara St. Louis)
Tolstoi 30

https://www.flickr.com/photos/171415...7720313545071/

I also created some other albums and you can check out my photostream as well that has all of my T206's (over 700).

I'll continue to try and fine tune the set with upgrades where they make sense.

If you have any questions about cards or the process feel free to reach out here or through private message.

Happy Holidays!

Scott