View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 04:44 PM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

I've never posted "advice" on this site, but I joined 4 years ago and had some of the same questions that you newer guys have now.

What I've learned is that however you decide to collect now will change several times in the next few years. Especially the more you read and learn from this site and your own research. Maybe you'll change to collecting another set, or a specific team, or player, or you'll decide to be a Type collector. But it will change a few times, trust me.

So, for those of you starting your Prewar collection with T206's (which is where I was 4 years ago), after lots of trial and error here's what I've learned: Don't just buy commons with PD or SC backs just to fill a set. Those cards will always be available. Buy tougher commons, stars/popular players and/or HOFers with the most uncommon backs you can afford. Also, buy the nicest condition/highest graded you can afford but at the very least no or very little paper loss, no creases across the face, etc. Eye- appeal is the most important. A centered nice looking PSA 3'ish is my "go-to".

Following that advice will make it easier to sell and help fund whatever you decide to collect next.

Good Luck!

***I've had 50+ successful BST transactions as both a buyer and a seller. Please feel free to PM me for references***

Last edited by VoodooChild; 12-29-2016 at 04:58 PM.