View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

I am an attorney and to me it's quite simple (only responding to one of Bob's many points). If you do something to a card that if the TPG knew it would not assign the card a numerical grade, submit it with the intent of deceiving the TPG into assigning the altered card a numerical grade, and then sell it in the TPG holder without disclosing the deceptive alteration, that is textbook fraud. And if you do that repeatedly using the mails and/or wires, that's mail and/or wire fraud in violation of federal statutes. Never mind the red herring that there is no statute specifically discussing baseball cards. Never mind the red herring about lack of complete hobby consensus. Never mind the red herring about needing a conspiracy involving the TPG. Never mind the red herring about the Wagner being sheet cut. If you're interested this has been discussed ad nauseum in many other threads and other than giving this summary I am not debating it yet again, sorry but I just don't have the patience.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-01-2019 at 04:41 PM.