View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 02:57 PM
Dave

Not that I care about it one way or another, but I assume that they also counted Tournament games in Maravich's record also, sooooo?

Not sure why anybody would be attached to this record, and almost literally no other record in college sports.

Pete was coached by his dad, took 40 shots a game, playing on a mostly .500 team while shooting less then 44% from the floor. Pete was a great player, but c'mon...if he was playing on a high level college team with a coach who wasn't his dad, no way he puts up anywhere near those numbers.

Imagine if he had played for John Wooden? Jabbar took 17.3 shots a game his freshman year...and never took that many shots again, during his college career.

...and all that's fine. College opponents, schedules, skill levels, etc..., are way too volatile for any of this to mean anything.

Here's a comprehensive list of College Football records. Let me know if there's a single one on there anybody cares about...who didn't openly root for that team, or go to that alma mater.

https://americanfootballdatabase.fan...otball_records