View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post

I know why he made the Basketball HOF easily, since it takes into account both NBA and College careers, but he also made both the NBA All-50 Team and All-75 team, 25 years later, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why.
This statement is misleading. Fortunately, it is the Basketball Hall of Fame not the NBA Hall of Fame. There are a more than a few players very little or no pro ball who are in the hall. If you look at his stats he still scored almost 16,000 regular season points and 24.2 ppg in the NBA and won a scoring championship. Not bad for a 10 year career. Due to knee injuries his playing time his last year was half that of the year before. That is an above average career for the 1970's. If not for his NBA career he would have made the Hall of Fame on his college career alone, and been inducted his first year of eligibility.

If they are going to count Davis's 5 years then they should also count the stats of Maravich on the freshman team - 17 games and 741 points. That gives him 4418 points in 100 games. Let's give Davis a sixth year of eligibility to try and pass that.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 03-03-2023 at 07:37 PM.