View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Ringking - That does not sound like much of a guarantee to me. Not that I am a defender of the alphabet soup companies,, but a guarantee that reads money back except for blah, blah, blah does not instill confidence.
A $30,000 Babe Ruth signed ball is authenticated by this new company, sold in an auction, and then one of the alphabet guys says nope to it. What happens then? I can only speculate, but are they going to give back $30K?
I am anxious to see who the authenticators are in this new company.
I can think of only a couple of people who would possibly instill enough confidence in the collector, for this company to have an impact.
Ringking - are the authenticators in this company really the type of people to instill this type of confidence in the collector?
Again, it will be taken on with a case by case basis.

Take the ruth ball.
lets say YOU turn the ball down (not psa/jsa) and this new company says it's a good ball.
Being that you are a expert that people know and use and trust, my thoughts are you would have reasons for why you say the ball is bad. Not the common rejection letter with 2 to 15 things weird with the ball. The company would then look into the reasons you gave, vs the info that they have on the ball and tackle any issues from there.

I'm surprised that you don't know much about this company, as the way I understand it, you were going to be asked to join the company for some of the areas that you are a recognized expert in. Maybe they just have not gotten around to asking you yet.

More info should come out about this soon, as they are close to launching it.