View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 08:06 PM
J1m Fr@n.tzis

I had one of the booths at this show. The first time at something like this is really trial and error.
Ebay sponsored the event and gave some big incentives to vendors to push traffic to their ebay store. The next 3 months of your store subscription free and 75% off final value fees during the show. This is why a lot of guys just sat there and told you to visit their ebay store. I don't think collectors were thrilled with this concept.
I didn't really check out many other booths but I'd imagine some guys tried it QVC/Home shopping network style.

I linked my new website, which was woefully under stocked, and had non stop chat, babble and rants for 8 hours a day. I also invited some interesting guests which people seemed to enjoy. I really didn't know what to expect but I am a regular dealer at the Toronto Expo and try to support everyone that's been good to me in the hobby.
Here's my take -- It was really good. I learned alot and know what I would do differently next time, and I do think there will be a next time. i saw and spoke to a bunch of hobby friends that I usually see at these things. Sales were way better than I thought they would be. I have a ton of emails and text messages from people that both want to buy and sell, to follow up on. I have a sore throat, never talked so much in my life.
Anyway, I would do it again
And shirtless guy didn't come to my booth