View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 01:20 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Great stuff Jeff! You must have one of the best Lineup Card collections in the world!
Mark,

I've found that the key is to collect something that no one else cares to collect .

I certainly appreciate people here and elsewhere who enjoy seeing the collection as I've been working on it, since my family mostly thinks it's nuts lol.

Seriously though, I know that lineup cards are fairly niche. Even people who appreciate them generally acquire a couple related to their favorite team or player, and not as a collecting focus in itself. For me, I kind of see them as a game-used version of a program. They tell the story of the game in a way, and because they are a little obscure, I've been able to acquire pieces associated with some significant games; something I would never be able to do with game-used jerseys etc.

It also has an element of a treasure hunt, as there's often the chance to purchase lineup cards where people haven't bothered to ID the game (especially if the date isn't written on the card.) I've been able to find some pretty cool pieces that way, which adds to the fun.