View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe;
1. Savatage - Loved them

2. W.A.S.P

3. Lita Ford
Savatage! I love them too. My first bus tour was with them in 1988 at the end of the Hall of the Mountain King tour., which included a show opening for Dio at the Long Beach arena (capacity 10,000) with Megadeth as the support act. Our bus driver drove the wrong way out an entrance that night after the show and blew a couple tires on one of those metal spike barriers, so that slowed down our drive to the next gig at The Mason Jar in Phoenix (capacity 300).

In 1991, on the Streets tour in Europe (with Vicious Rumours) after seeing the new t-shirt design (a drawing on the band) at the merch stand lead singer Jon Oliva told me he needed to get the manager on the phone "NOW!".

I found a phone that we could make an international call from in the promoter's office, dialed up the manager and after he answered handed the phone to Jon, "I just saw the new shirts" he said calmly, "what do I think about them?" he repeated into the phone so that the rest of band (who had followed us to the promoter's office) would be able to follow the conversation. He continued "since somebody decided to replace the fucking fat lead singer on the fucking artwork with fucking Doug, I fucking hate them!"

Jon's brother Criss the guitar player was chuckling as he looked at a shirt "it does look like fucking Doug" he said.

I never asked for a cut of merch sales.

Steve "Dr. Killdrums" Wacholz played so hard, and used such huge sticks, that when we ran out of them on the road I would buy plunger handles at hardware stores for him to use until the new shipment of sticks arrived. We would round the edges by scraping them on the pavement so that he could use them without instantly cutting thru his drum heads.

I was going to see W.A.S.P. one time (I think at the Stone in SF, but they cancelled. I went to the Rainbow one time years later and Blackie was working the door.

I saw Lita Ford at The Stone in Aug 1984, but that's about it. She was certainly a looker, but I was partial to Doro Pesch from Warlock (and later Doro) or mostly Dawn Crosby from Detente.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan 3123 on 03-29-20.jpg (72.1 KB, 688 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 3126 on 03-29-20.jpg (76.2 KB, 689 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 3126 on 03-29-20-1.jpg (78.0 KB, 688 views)
File Type: jpg 1991-10-26 Savatage Paris.jpg (80.8 KB, 680 views)
File Type: jpg 1984-08-04 Lita Ford.jpg (73.8 KB, 682 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 03-29-2020 at 05:12 PM.