View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 02:13 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
Seaver has many issues, and just spitballing here, if he was in a bottom row, a short or odd cut could be possible. Have you observed any other cards in his row that are cut short or just his (sounds like just his)?
I eyeballed some more of my raw set (especially that bottom row), and there are minor differences. The Athletics rookies may be a shade smaller than the rest, the Seaver may be a smaller shade short of the Athletics rookies, and Belanger is a shade shorter than Seaver. And those three also measure a little short compared to the typical low number common.

Naturally my main concern is whether or not the Seaver could have been trimmed, but then why would the Belanger measure even smaller? You wouldn't think someone would trim that card just to stick it in a raw grade 4ish set!

So I'm hoping it's just an inconsistent factory cut.

Speaking of, as far as my initial comparison to the Carew, it measures a bit long in that slightly miscut kind of vintage card way (where you see such a big border on one edge and one of these sheet print lines). A little bit of everything in this particular '67 set

Last edited by cardsagain74; 07-15-2020 at 02:15 PM.