View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 AM

Excellent Thread!

This seems to be a somewhat of a semi~serious thread... So, I'll stick to the Topic. This is only my point of view!

I arrived just after a gentleman named Leon took over, as "The Local Peasant Owner". ;-) I somewhat kept to myself, learning what I could, from those who I now see as my mentors. A student is only as good as "His Will to Learn!" If I had a question, I took it upon myself to PM them, For those who decided to get into the mayhem, I believe, lost a bit of their passion for why they really came here.

I realize that this is just a Hobby, based on a Game, The Greatest American Pastime that will ever exist! And with that said, I have a gentle sadistic sense of humor. Heck, I retired from the Submarine Service in 2004, But one thing I've learned along the way, is that "Respect is Do to Those Who Came Before you!"

I didn't know who those people were. So, I became patient enough to Listen, Read, and find out who were those who New this Hobby Well! It didn't take but a few months for "Those Who "Knew" To Surface!"

In my humble opinion, Along the way, This is what I found out. That I am Here to Learn and have some fun, But not at another's expense with slander. I like to jest just like any one of us. I do admit that I'm not perfect, I've had a couple issues, 2 that I know of! These were minor deals, not words!

I Also found that We are Caretakers, Caretakers to what one day will possibly become Precious Artifacts... Truly! 7-10 years ago, I was privileged to of come across some of these Unique Cards. Most of them I found away from the board. However, I do believe that Pete U. is correct! I also think that there were many more on the BST. We don't see them as much for sale on the BST anymore. The Rare, Oddity & Freak Collectors have grown and thus these Relics will remain in their collections until the time comes for them to be pasted on.

For Those Who have been real & helped me along the way, With All Do Respect, "I Salute You!" Some of You Know Who You Are, Others I Still Need to Thank. Beneath the Business & Politics of this World, There are Real People who Truly Love this Game & Hobby!

I do my best to give back what has been given. I Have so much more that I can say... But when I Listen, I feel more at home. Those who have contacted me for advice, it's been my Honor & Privilege to Help!

I don't mean to be a sentimentalist, But I do find Grand Comfort iN the Words written here by my Net54 Mentor's! This is a Simple Hobby where Brilliant Adventures Unfold. LOOK(I also take this to mean "Learn"). SEEK(While you "Learn") & You Will Find! And as I mentioned earlier, "This iS a Simple Hobby!"

Oh yeah, in the past when I thought I knew, there was always more to learn! So Now, I know Not "To think That I Know", Thus the Adventures Unfold...

As Always...