View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 12:58 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Default Great Find Gone To Pot

About 1967 or so, before I had a driver's license, there was a shop that had just opened up that sold these sort of 50's pseudo-deco items. However, in the back the were tons of baseball cards from '49-'62 . I can only now believe the owner was selling her son's collection. Me and a few friends used to ride our bikes over there and pick up stuff for nickels, dimes and sometimes maybe a quarter. So, one day I go over there, and propped atop the slotted table where the cards were kept is a 1921 Exhibit Display - 16 cards, 4x4. It cost $5. I go home, grab a fiver out of my Chinese Puzzle Box, go back and buy it and go back home with it tucked under my right arms. My Dad says, "You should really frame that" (mind you, my Dad was 7 years old in '21!). But did I listen.......?

The item used to be quite pristine. However, after several cross-country trips and a ground floor washing machine flooding into the basement, I'm left with... One day I swear I will get it restored. Here are a few of the scans of the bits and pieces:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exhibit_1921_Top.jpg (40.7 KB, 676 views)
File Type: jpg Exhibit_1921_1st-row.jpg (74.9 KB, 677 views)
File Type: jpg Exhibit_1921_Sisler.jpg (54.6 KB, 674 views)