View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Every time I see a thread like this.....it makes me want to put the set together. I've got a bunch of these laying around, may just need to take the plunge.

As a teenager, my collecting took a nosedive in 1980 after taking off in '77, gaining momentum in '78 and winding down in '79. Somehow though I've got a stash of 1980s. Those really are some nice photos. And I like the All-Star banner.
I had collected as a kid and young adult 1980-1996 and then dropped it until Heritage came out in 2001, collected another couple years until 2005 and then dropped it again until 2012 when I had a life threatening illness and was not able to work or only able to work part time. I had factory sets from 1984 on, but during this time I went back and assembled sets from 1978-1983. Not very expensive and I already had all the key cards. Vending was still cheap in 2012, relative to now, so that’s where I started, upgrading the old cards that needed it(most of them lol).

I eventually wound up with a set run from 1976 to present, and intend to eventually go backwards building sets. The 1980 set was particularly fun and a definite reliving of my childhood.