View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 08:14 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Adam, love the book!, 376 full-size pages of cataloging with lots of pictures. I've enjoyed conversing with Brent on SF Hess cards and glad to see his contribution on the N332 listing. Also like the more complete listing of OJ boxers by card type. Surprised to see so many type 9 (large GQ format) boxers.

Regarding the N173 of Slavin, I wasn't aware of their being two copies. As you may have discussed with Jay, we believe these were an Australian issue which includes non-boxing cabinets. I have a card of Queen Victoria, "Her Majesty the Queen", that came from a scrapbook in Australia. There is also a cabinet of the Honorable Thomas Reily, Speaker of the House, Tasmania. I've been on the hunt for the redemption offer that was likely found in packs of Old Judge Cigarettes exported to Australia that likely mimics the baseball version we had in the states. I assume it took anywhere from 20 to 35 coupons to redeem these cabinets (just as it was in the US for baseball cabinets).

Again, love the book!

A small request . . . Would it be possible, on the type 2 (short number) and type 3 (leading "0" number) N174s, to include the card number in the chart?
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers