View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Default Plancich....Two Requests

Posted By: Bill A.

MW, that is a good question I have not reviewed the LOA but my understanding is althought there are positive attributes like cleat marks (typical of Cobb gamers) that are mentioned the bat is still an A-5 most likely due to the fact that 33 1/2" were not typical of documented Cobb gamers (documented gamers would include known side-written examples, examples with provenence linking them to Cobb).

Now to Robby, again you show your lack of knowledge. The name of the player associated with game used has never in the bat collecting world placed the bat in the players hands! That is why there is such a premium placed on bats when you can. All of the attributes are what gain confidence that a bat could have in fact been used by the player. My Cobb bat is an A-5. Although the length and weight is there the quality of the wood is not what you would expect from a Cobb gamer. Admittedly I purchased a "poor mans cobb" just like the guy who purchased the decal bat. By the way with picture perfect Cobb gamers going for close to $100k the amount AM fetched for this one is not out of the question. I wouldn't have thought it would be worth more than $20 to $25,000. I agree that it would be unusual to find Cobb using a 33 1/2 " bat. That is not the point. You indicate you have done, I believe the words are "extensive research". I WILL TRY ONE MORE TIME PLEASE PROVIDE US YOUR EXTENSIVE RESEARCH. Come on show us what CARDS is supposed to do for the hobby. If you have done the extensive research provide it. I believe my posts have educated people. What about yours?