View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
Are you collecting 0-numbers??

Everyone has posted some great stuff so far... I would but I'm bed ridden. Anyway, this thread in entertaining so thanks, and I hope it keeps going!
In the right ball park, but not exactly. Those two poses represent OJ zero number 0480 and 0509 which bookend the Detroit Wolverine run. The Wolves run uninterrupted from 0481 to 0508. I always thought it would be neat to collect all the zero numbered cards but don't have the budget for such an endeavor when my focus spans outside of just N172s. I'm happy with a run of 30. I'll leave it to someone else to tackle the 1887 zero numbers. The design is classic and the challenge is far more attainable than many other OJ subsets. I'm actually a bit surprised there isn't someone collecting the set in this fashion (at least not that I'm aware of). The zero numbers cover all 8 National League teams plus the outdoor Brooklyn from the American Association.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers