View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 11:15 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Nat,

I feel your pain and despise the way Ebay changed their search function and eliminated cards by era searches also. You do know though that you can do a search and type in things you don't want to have come up, like modern Conlon cards? Just type the word Conlon in the search box with a minus sign in front of it, like this: -conlon

And you can add as many other things you also want to remove from searches as you like. Similarly just type them in the search box also with a minus sign in front of what you want removed from the search.
Just remember to leave a space between each separate thing you want removed from the search, don't type it all in as one continuous word/entry. And when you finally have a search with all the items you want excluded from it entered, save the search so you don't have to go typing it all in again.

My apologies if you already knew this, but from your post it seemed like you may not be aware of this search option/function.
I find it easier to include everything within parentheses separated by commas like this:

-(1996,reprint,rp,etopps)

which will eliminate items with any of the following in the title: 1996, reprint, rp, etopps.

Similarly, you can search for one out of list of things by including them in the parentheses without a -sign in front like this:

(1958,58)

which will yield results with either 1958 or 58 in the title:

A combined search for a 1958 Mantle might look something look this:

(1958,58) Mantle -(1996,reprint,rp,etopps)

Successful transactions with:
300dw123, autograf, bn2cardz, buymycards, CobbvLajoie1910, Daves_resale_shop, frankbmd, GoCubsGo32, GoldenAge50s, GrayGhost, Head928, Jayworld, jdl860, jgmp123, kamikidEFFL, larrie804, Leerob538, lharri3600, Lordstan, megalimey, Orioles1954, quinnsryche, Redleg25, rjackson44, Rob D., SAllen2556, scmavl, slantycouch, slipk1068, Smanzari, TCMA, thetruthisouthere, Wolfgang427, yanks12025, ZackS