View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:12 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggerZagger View Post
For sure, when things escalate 500-800% in the span of 3 months, it's clearly not sustainable or real. I'd expect anyone who has these cards and doesn't want to hold them indefinitely should sell off now. I'm definitely considering selling one of the Magic/Bird cards, as there is no reason for a non-speculator to hold both.

I'm probably in only 10-20% of the current value of these cards, though, and have searched them out with care. They were all bought pre-runup in prices, and a few early in the runup at pre-prices. I'd like them to be part of my long-term collection, so as long as I don't have higher collecting priorities they'll probably stay.

When you start looking at the POP's of these key cards compared to their Baseball counterparts, it's shocking. I don't know that I'd ever find another '61F PSA 7 Wilt with comparable eye appeal, for example.
Your Wilt is mouth-watering, for sure! But is this card, or any basketball card, ever going to reach the same level as the 52' Topps Mantle or the Leaf Jackie? Right now, if you make the right moves, you can turn your $20,000 USD into a million dollars, and I'm being serious here. When those Gary V. BARBARIANS make an exit and the prices plummet, will you be happy you kept them? Again, you're in a tough spot. I say this because none of us know how much higher these cards will go. Maybe the PSA 7 Wilt will be worth MORE by Christmas! Whatever you decide, I wish you nothing but the best. You have awesome cards and thanks for sharing them!