View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 02:28 PM
Tim Odeen

I'm really excited for the Cincinnati Reds, regardless of the doom and gloomers. They have an exciting young core of players already in MLB, and they have some young players waiting in the wings.

Jonathan India is my choice for comeback players of the year.

Hunter Greene and Nick Lodolo will take steps to averaging 6-7 innings each. And Graham Ashcraft will improve as a solid MLB #3 pitcher.

Tyler Stephenson should - but won't - supplant Votto at 1B, and not be a catcher. But until then, he looks like a Joe Mauer or JT Realmuto candidate. I believe he will be the team MVP this year. Might be close with India if he continues to battle injuries, but I am predicting he will play 140+ games and the team will see his offensive potential. The Reds will trade one of the three MiLB shortstops for a MLB ready catcher to replace Stephenson behind the plate.

By the end of May, Elly de la Cruz will be called up to become the every day SS.

Joey Votto will be dealt to Toronto by the AS break, or he will retire at the end of the season. But this season is his farewell season.

Still....mismanagement and an overused bullpen will lead to a 73-89 record.

After the season, David Bell will be fired (as the fall guy), and they will hire Aaron Boone - who will be fired from the NYY - to lead the Reds back to the playoffs in 2024 or 2025. They will sign two Wade Miley type veterans to anchor the young pitching staff (these pitchers are $10m one-year contracts), and they will splurge on one or two bullpen pieces.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo