Thread: Anyone Garden?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

This past Sunday my kids unveiled a path to my wife for Mother's Day. It goes through the woods on our property to her garden below. They each made a stepping stone highlighting their personality and relationship with their mom. My wife was surprised and overjoyed. What a great mother day gift.

As far as the garden below we have a total of six 8 X 12 grade boxes that we gave been working on since last fall. Four of them are planted with blueberry bushes. One we are using for a compost pile (at least until next year) and the other for veggies. Mainly tomatoes but also zucchini, cucumbers and watermelon. We are not a gardening family but so far things are looking great.

Unfortunately I couldn't get any of the chocolate cherry tomatoes to sprout. I hope to try again next year if Ben is willing no to help out again. Thought researched and did things right but apparently I have a lot to learn about planting from a seed.

I'll keep you posted on our progress and maybe post a few pictures here and there.
Drew