View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 07:04 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

As set collectors, most of us just wouldn't have the room to store slabbed cards.

I collect low grade cards, and I've cracked numerous cards out of PSA SGC BVG holders (mostly T206). I always save the "flip" as I think it might be of benefit to me (or my kids) when/if they are sold.

A few years ago, a friend showed me his T205 cards slabbed in SGC holders, and I just fell in love with that look! I am now very close to completing a low grade T205 set (down to needing just three) all slabbed in SGC holders. You've never seen so many "A"s and "10"s LOL! Most of these I have submitted to SGC myself, and would recommend all collectors become familiar with the process. My T205 cards are listed in the SGC Registry (look towards the bottom LOL). I have enjoyed that too.

In todays collecting world, when you see an expensive card on eBay that is "raw", collectors must ask "why is it not slabbed"? Just last week I purchased a post war "raw", high dollar card off eBay. The scans looked good, and the sellers feedback was perfect (even though it was a new seller to me). When the card arrived, it looked great, but I still shipped it right off to SGC and did not leave seller feedback. In a few days I will be able to see the results, well within the offered return policy time frame. And if all goes well, I'll leave the seller his deserved positive feedback, and I'll get a card that is even more "valuable" because it is slabbed.

When you sold that '67 Schneider, did you mention in the description that the card was "cracked" out of a PSA 4 slab? I don't think many sellers would, unless it would benefit the seller. PSA said that card was in VG-EX condition, but the best thing for you to do would be just post an actual scan of the card.
Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
I popped a PSA 4 1967 topps Dan Schnieder hi number card last year. I upgraded that card a month or so later. I payed 16.50 for the graded version. I put up the raw card on ebay, and it nabbed 27. The card looked much better in the scan, and I almost doubled my money?