View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Bill
Bi.lly Kru.pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
Too much quarantine buying for this lately

A bunch of commons/minors, a lower grade Snider, and four PSA 1.5 high numbers. The finish line for the low numbers is easy to see, as I now have more than half of them (with just Pafko and Spahn being the only cards of any relevance left).

But the high numbers. Yup.

The four that I just picked up were barely worth it. If that. I was happy paying what I did for the few slabbed grade 3ish ones a few weeks ago, but this was a little different. Need to slightly reassess this balance of need the card/tough to get/maybe the market for them is still going up that fast/but am I still overpaying.

Whenever I see the occasional Jackie R or Mathews go up, a winning bid hasn't come quite close enough to happening yet. Either the card just isn't nice enough to pay "that" for it, or someone else wanted it more at the moment. That could change at any time, but I'm in no hurry.

The Mantle though.....could anyone feel that comfortable paying current market price for it, with how our economy's future could be at the moment?

Holding on for the ride.

183/407
Regarding the Mantle, i have the same feeling as you. $10k for an A is ridiculous in the current state of the economy. Like all other extras or luxury items, these prices will be affected. I would much rather stay liquid or invest that kind of money elsewhere. I was close to pulling the trigger on a PSA 2 a few months back, but no way I'd consider that now.