View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Arnie

Default Montero for Pineda, big trade of young kids

So the Yankees have traded top prospect Jesus Montero and right-handed pitcher Hector Noesi to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for phenom pitcher Michael Pineda and righty Jose Campos.

I have mixed emotions, Pineda is young and good, but i hope the Yankees havent given up the next great right-handed hitter in baseball in Montero. Also, Noesi was supposed to be really good. I am not sure how i feel about this trade.

Kuroda was signed too, and he should be good for a year or so, but then will be old and hopefully our young kids will be ready. And hey, with Pineda so young, then why didnt we give our young pitchers a shot?????

You know, so many pitchers look good the first year or two then go downhill, i hope Pineda is the real thing. But i guess no guarantees on Montero either, but i just really have felt that Montero is the next Miguel Cabrera type hitter. Oh well, we shall see down the road. At least the Yankees are showing they did something, and it wasnt signing a monstrously expensive long-term free agent. That can be done next year!!!

Oh well, lets hope Pineda does turn into that ace, that would be great, and he is signed for a low salary too, which helps the Yankees as they are trying to avoid luxury taxes on their payroll.