View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 AM
John Michael

Angry

I am first and foremost a set builder of mid-grade raw cards (proof that I am not at all focused on any investment angles.) My focus is primarily post-war, 1946-1981 EVERYTHING-- Topps (always no. 1 in my heart) regular and insert sets, Bowman, Kelloggs, Bazooka, Hostess, Berk Ross, ect.

Cards in my sets must all be raw, so all graded cards destined for sets are freed from their holders. An additional focus/interest is in 100% graded cards of star players of all eras. I have many post-war star players in mid-grade raw form included in a set as well as a high-grade, graded version.

As for pre-war cards, their high costs have turned me into the king of all reprint set collectors. I do it the same way, collect any and all of the reprint sets I can get my hands on and add the ocassional individual real thing, graded.

One real, pre-war set is tempting me a great deal....the Hassan Triple Folders, my favorite from that era. Why couldn't someone, during the reprint craze of the '80's, have make this set! That inch could have been scratched, as Fritch Cards would say "for a fraction of the original cost."

Last edited by theseeker; 09-02-2011 at 09:12 AM.