View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
i thought the idea on corking bats wasn't that it'd make the ball go a longer distance, but that it'd make the bat lighter while not losing distance. So you'd be able to get the bat around quicker, allowing the hitter extra time to "read" the pitch?
correct, also if you remember some guys used batteries in their bats, but leaving room inside. So when waiting for the pitch the battries were lower in the handle and when he swings they slide to the top. #1 bat is lighter as its hollowed out and #2 the batteries sliting to the top give the bat more weight when contact is made.

I wouldnt doubt Mick did that, why not. Most guys did everything they could to be better, He also did speed as most guys as well.

Players will always do what they can to get an advantage, in any sport, always have always will.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.