View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 08:13 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Hi, I have collected complete sets by hand of all years mentioned. Here is what I think.

1970: love it. The cards look good even with a bit of wear on the corners. All of my sets are like ex mint to nr mint and the 70s look superior shape wise, they grey hides imperfections. High series aren't super tough but the bench card is a key and a beauty.

1971: a bit of a nightmare from condition perspective. Get used to looking at the cards sideways or under black light to find sharpie marks, I've seen way too many. Richie Allen seemed like the toughest sp for me, I'd say the 71 sps are the toughest of the bunch. My least favorite but most people love it.

1972: the white borders seem to stain a bit more easily than the 73s. Obviously a monster of a set, love the traded cards and the in action. Centering is a real pain as I'm sure you know with the most notorious being hank Aaron in action. I don't mind oc cards, if you don't the set is actually pretty cheap.

1973: For my money the best photographs and maybe the best deal going as I think it's cheap. Check out the cards of John Ellis and pat corrales. The high numbers are sneaky hard especially the Yankees team card and checklist.