View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Jim Parker

Hi there. I have built all 4 sets, and many copies of each except 72, which was the first i did as a kid in the 70s. Funny, back then in the late 70s, we all hated the 73s, so i never bothered to build it until nearly 40 years later. I have built about 5-6 copies of 73 and must say i love it for the photography and truly bizarre nature of most of the action shots. And its the best value, but that 6th series checklist is a beast, expect to pay $20+ for an umarked nice copy. The dwight evans RC is another toughie.

As for the others, they are a bit more widely collected in my opinion....and their value is probably settled and appropriate. the 1970 has that bench, ryan, rose, banks and clemente that are pricey. The 71 borders may make you crazy, all depends, but the ryan, clemente (again!), dusty RC are tough. Great action shots in 71 too....not as goofy as 73 but definitely still offbeat - harrelson has a nice shot of ryan. 72 is my least fave and although it was my first, i haven't touched it in 30 years.