View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Default Memory Lane Redux?

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Guys, I don't think that Greg had any intent to belittle Christianity. While the image he posted was offensive to some, the pertinent part of it was a wry attempt to demonstrate how JP Cohen is being crucified all because of his love for the almighty dollar. I think we'd all agree that the image was not intended to insult Christianity but, instead, to insult Cohen. I am not suggesting that it may not have insulted some of you or that the image was not offensive to you -- I'm simply saying that it is illogical to assume that in a thread about JP Cohen Greg decided to trot out his true feelings about Christianity. To analogize, in Dan's seal thread he finally threw up his hands when faced with comments about the minor humanitarian impact of the seals' plight that "the holocaust is over ... there is no comparison." Any right minded Jew (or any human for that matter, including Christians) should have been deeply offended by Dan's offhanded remark. Yet there was not a peep on this board. Why? Because, I presume, everyone figured that Dan did not mean to offend anyone with that unfortunate comment. I certainly was not offended because I think that in Dan's heart he is a good guy -- after all, just look at his love for animals. So, before we go about assuming that Greg intended to attack Christianity at least consider the strong possibility that the image was offensive but the intent to offend was absent. Now can we please get back to patiently waiting for Joe Orlando, JP Cohen and JP's probation officer to weigh in on the latest Memory Lane debacle?