View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Sc.ott Ver.renti

I was at the gym and saw "Marvin Miller" keep scrolling across the bottom line on ESPN and I kept missing all of it. At first I wondered if he had gotten in, thinking that sometimes the special committees of the HOF vote in early December (although it's still November). When I realized what month it was, and that I knew he was not on the upcoming ballot, I knew it wasn't good.

The interesting thing was that he just appeared on ESPN's 30 for 30 "Broke". I thought how amazing he looked for his age, but is it possible that was an old interview?

About a year ago I sent him a Topps card, with a $10 check wrote out to BAT. He kept the card, and mailed me back my check where he wrote "I am not an agent for BAT" and then either wrote "Marvin" or "Miller" on it....I can't remember which. I never bothered him again, figuring that my unsigned check was now a much better piece than any signature of his I could ever get TTM from him. If he does ever get inducted, I am counting it.

I also have a feeling they will put him in now that he's gone....which is a travesty.