View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Almost always, when I list a card for sale on eBay, I uncheck the best offer option. After a week or ten days, if it hasn't sold, eBay decides on their own to add the best offer option, even though I unchecked it and didn't want any of their price decreases over time or anything else. Depending on what I list, certain cards I just automatically price at my rock bottom price. So technically there is no room for a best offer. When eBay does this, I try to catch it in time and have to go into each auction, one at a time and remove the checkmark again and then verify that it saved the change. Nearly half of them don't save the change, so I have to go in a third time. I hate it. It's even worse trying to explain that your not accepting offers on an item that says Best Offer. Other cards where I have room to make a profit on, when eBay adds the Best Offer option, I leave it there. I try not to do too much back and forth offers. If I made money and it free's up some cash for my T206's, I usually accept. Yesterday I got offered I think $10.20 on a card I listed for $15. I priced it at $15 because that's what the same card had sold for recently or I price it a couple dollars lower than the other cards in the same grade are listed for. I don't bother with a price guide. So I checked my records and saw that I paid $3.97 for the card. So I accepted the $10.20 offer. Many people would have countered at $12. But I've been on the other end of the Best Offer and when the seller is trying to get an extra dollar and change out of me, If I really don't need the card and it's basically something I'm gonna end up selling a year later because it doesn't fit anywhere in my collection, I just let the offer expire. But the only time I'd be cheap on a Best Offer from a buyer is if I never had the intension of a Best Offer option being added. When it happens, I'm completely honest and if there's a few dollars I can drop it at, I will. Or I just ask the magic question, Are you a Net54 or Tobacco Row member? If they say yes, A deal is done out of eBay and they pay even less than they offered, and I make more than I was even asking. It's great when that happens.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11