View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I am in agreement with Al here, as per usual.

I am of the opinion that the blueless are of course the usual backdoored print flaw sheets of the time. To be honest I would guess there are very few, likely less than 5 sheets. Even your estimate of 1 or 2 is believable.

Your example has one big issue and that is the poor sheet cut that someone did with a pair of scissors (most noticeable on the back). This can be a big impact on value as many error collectors really focus on pack pulled errors, not printer's scrap, which is really what these are. If sheet cut, it needs to be done well.

While a neat oddity, these don't really hold much value due to the limited number of weirdos like Al and myself that collect them. Had they been packaged and distributed like the blackless and PSA gradable, the value would change.

Only a very small number of uncut backdoored sets find their way into master set and number grades, the full front and back 1985 Topps minis being the most recognized.

The only opportunity for grading these might be Beckett and they would label it a proof most likely with no number grade. Not sure if they still grade proofs, but I have a bunch of older ones I have accumulated. I think grading cost might exceed value in this case.

I think on this, the value would be really what the eBay bidders decide on any given day. As Al said, commons don't do well. Had it been a star or semi-star they can do better due to player collectors.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.