Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 04:53 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

it is thin but not skinned. David Rudd (Cycleback) documented the proof years ago. It is on his web site.

Here's more nuttiness from the same Lelands lot:

I was scanning the A16-A17 stuff from the lot and noticed something odd:

Here is an A16 page:

Typical. Now, here is a Joe Lannon cut:

Notice anything? Let me put them side by side:

Yup, the A16 doesn't cut down to a clean card. Also, the name is black on the A16 and brown on the cut. Hmm. Since there was a proof in the lot I thought maybe I had more proofs. Then I looked closely at the edges of the three 'A16' boxer cuts in the lot. All of them have borders that do not match the colors of the backgrounds on the A16 sheets. What has matching colors around the borders of the cards?

What I have is a cut from the G20 poster, not an A16 album. I checked the other two cuts and they also have brown type and do not match their A16 pages, so they are G20 cuts too:

Since there are only a few of the posters known, these cuts are rare as well. I can't fault Lelands for missing this, it is really subtle and I did not see it until I was putting the cuts over the images on the album pages to see if the cuts were full sized, but who the heck collected this group of A16-A17 pages, G20 cuts and a proof, and did they know what they had?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-02-2023 at 05:15 PM.