View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 10:05 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
It seems pretty logical to me that based on the ad above, the B18s were NOT attached to Sovereign cigarette packs but were instead handed out by dealers at point of sale. Just look at the fine print at the bottom that instructs dealers to get a supply of the B18s. As others have mentioned, there are B18s with remnants of a blue band on them, so it seems most logical to me these were still adhered to a brand of cigarettes in addition to Sovereign, and Egyptienne Straights definitely seems most plausible given the Lipset article and the specificity around the packaging.
Good catch to point out that they were not part of the packaging, but ordered separately. And I'm wondering if "dealers" (funny they called them that) had to buy a supply of Sovereigns in order to get blankets, the ad doesn't say anything about paying for them. It also seems they are trusting dealers to only give them away to purchasers of Sovereigns, at least during this promotional cycle. I wouldn't call color variations of the wrapping dispositive of this offer having been applied to other brands, and would have to see an ad of this nature for Egyptiennes before I would jump on that bandwagon. I love these mysteries!