View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
But do you collect baseball cards, too? Or at least understand why people do?

I can find a photo of Mickey Mantle in 1952 and write a nice bio and some stats on the back. But for some reason, people pay crazy amounts for the same thing made by Topps. Mine is scarcer, too!
because autographs arent the same as baseball cards, the autograph wasnt made by you or me, it was made by the athlete. putting it in a little card holder and adding 10X the value, why?

it's stupid.

its not a leaf autograph, or a roste autograph, its an autograph of mickey mantle.

its the pricing that is crazy and the way they mangle the autographs. the will cut an autograph from a photo or check, and put it in a holder, then charge more than what the signed photo or check was worth. way more too.

if the lyons was 300 dollars, would you buy it? 5 dollar autographs like the cut max schmeling routinely get listed for 300. ridiculous and insulting.

if someone likes collecting, small portable autographs, they can collect index cards or cut autograph on paper. why pay 2500 dollars or more for a rocky marciano upper deck 1 of 1, when a cut or index card of marciano can be had for 400 dollars?

Last edited by travrosty; 05-05-2012 at 04:09 PM.