View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:45 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Dear Net 54 and Uncle Jimmy Fans,

Posting for the family of Uncle Jimmy- (and it is an honor of Net54baseball to have the collection publicized here."

"Dear Net 54 and Uncle Jimmy Fans,

As the last Uncle Jimmy auction winds down, I wanted to reach out to all of you on Net 54 on behalf of myself and my 6 brothers and sisters as the nieces and nephews of James Micioni. Your kind words on this blog have been so wonderful to read and we wanted you to know how much they were appreciated. Thank you to everyone who has bid on an auction and has been lucky enough to win a piece of the Uncle Jimmy collection.

Uncle Jimmy was so much more than a baseball card collector, he was a simple, kind, humble man who loved his family fiercely. He would be so happy that his massive collection is spread among so many people across the country and world who can enjoy them as much as he enjoyed collecting them over the years.

A special thank you to PSA who offered the Provence for this special collection, that is something we could never have imagined. I would be remiss if we did not give a huge shout out to Stacey and Chuck from Wheatland Auction Services who has done a fabulous job with each and every auction. They have consistently walked us through this difficult process of sorting, managing and selling this massive collection. Their honestly, integrity and love for the Uncle Jimmy collection is remarkable. We consider them part of the Micioni family now and know that Uncle Jimmy would have loved them both as much as we do.

So good luck to those bidding on this last auction, it certainly is bittersweet for all of us, but we are thrilled that Uncle Jimmy will live for many years. Thanks again, Ellen Micioni Easton and the entire Micioni Family."

Last edited by Leon; 02-20-2021 at 10:46 AM.