Thread: US Caine
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Same here...He ripped me off on Net54 after a few others vouched for the authenticity of the Walter Payton signature...
The Payton autos he has look good to me. That’s why I don’t offer my opinion on autographs. I don’t want my opinion to affect someone financially - either by buying or not buying an autograph. I am not qualified to do so.
In this market with so much authenticated stuff out there, you have to purchase it certified - at least anything over $100. When I opened my store, I took everything with an autograph to a tpa and had it certified. Then I got rid of the stuff that would not pass. Before I sell an item it is tpa authenticated. I don’t want the bad karma of selling fake stuff.
The main reason you would buy a piece raw is to save money - but that’s a big gamble. Sure, a certified Payton rc is big bucks if you can find one. His was probably much less and buyers have to question why - the same with those who buy 1952 mantles for $500 or less. This particular seller has a ton of certified stuff - then a few pieces (the biggest ones) not certified. The only reason I can think is that they won’t pass.