View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 06:23 PM
Brian

While it would be pretty hard to argue against bidding shenanigans happening in some cases...the market has also legitimately risen in tandem.

PSA 7 Julius Erving rookies are still selling for $1,800 and they aren't rare at all. I've been looking to buy them back after I sold my basketball stuff in one of the the 'run ups' before 2009. I thought I did great back then...lol. Win some lose some.

I don't know if I will ever buy that card back now, or the Alcindor rookie which is insanely high priced in every grade, and on multiple venues with legit sellers too. I don't know if a real widespread drop will ever come back. There will always be isolated crazy price swings....and there will always be some auctions that slip through the cracks somehow like there always have been.

If there is a widespread group eating the fees or price manipulating on PSA 6 Julius Erving rookies for $1,000 a pop...cut this guy a break...I would like one back at the old prices

It will take a seismic society altering event to stop the overall tide at this point. Its summer and everyone is out of the house now...and all those cards I want back haven't moved much at all in price.

Last edited by HistoricNewspapers; 06-18-2021 at 06:25 PM.